Monday, July 4, 2011

GAME: Infamous 2 - 93%


"Infamous 2" was a hell of a game.  Its best component was using your ice launch then hover gliding from roof top to roof top, with the occasional telephone line grind.  The second to last boss battle: Bertrand, was epic beyond scale and I would find myself on a number of occasions giggling out loud.  

When I tried Infamous back upon its initial release, I found it boring and repetitive and it wasn't until late last year, that I picked it up again and discovered how truly awesome it was.  A free roaming open world with the power to glide and semi-fly across buildings and wires.   

The acting in Infamous is macho man bad, something that hopes for a Michael Bay-esque coolness, without ever feeling like its achieved it.  There is a morality system that gives a false reason to come back and get new tools, but it will be interesting to play again, knowing how the people of New Marais or Empire City will react to a complete asshole (I played, as I always do, the good guy my first time through).  

What I like about Infamous 2, more than the first was it's different areas were much more distinct & flavored, while still keeping to a one city universe, the jumping, scaling & flying was far superior, and there was just a whole free & cool vibe to the world.  

There's not much to say but this is a hell of a game to play.  The story isn't Red Dead or Mass Effect, but it carries enough to want to continue to play.

The side quests are varied just enough to not become (too) repetitive and they've improved on helping to find the Blast Shards which also helps making you feel a little more 100% complete.   Now, if only they can take this sort of game play into a Marvel or DC character... 

No comments:

Post a Comment